Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Piecing it Together

A year ago Amanda asked for a quilt for Jaina as she had moved into her 'big girl bed' and needed a quilt. While in Vancouver last fall, Amanda, Jaina and I went fabric shopping. We came away with a good selection of fabric, all I needed was a couple of complimentary pieces to round out the selections. I picked up a few here and there over the next few months, but just could not get inspired to start cutting. The fabric wasn't talking to me, it wasn't telling me what it wanted to be. So it sat.

While in Calgary this spring I had the opportunity to take Jaina for the day...so I took her to the park, lunch and the quilt shop. She was the perfect two year old, happy to be busy, out and about. But not so happy when Grandma was concentrating on driving in Calgary traffic and was quiet.' Talk, Grandma!', came the request from the back seat.

The stop at the quilt shop was very successful. Having Jaina with me, and having spent the day with her I was getting a better idea of her personality. The fabrics I chose reflect how I see Jaina, bright, happy, excited, and oh so energetic.

After a couple of months of fitting in bits of time piecing it together, here is the finished quilt top. Now just to get it quilted. Hope Jaina likes it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure she'll love it!!!
    If she doesn't, mail it to Coquitlam ;)
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete